Monday, July 11, 2011

Convict Lake 2011

So there seems to be a new tradition being born. Dave has always taken Austen (love the hair, by the way!) to Convict Lake each Father's Day since Austen was little. I think he was 3 the first time he went. (Mom, correct me if I'm wrong.)
So my sweet husband, who thinks the world of Dave, generously imposed on this weekend trip by inviting himself and all the dads and their boys to accompany him (last summer when we were all at BBD.) And Dave, who has a huge heart of gold, and who is an honorary Tongan himself, (let me tell you a couple of stories about that one day) obliged happily (I'm pretty sure that's how the story goes - all I know is Fo'ou couldn't stop talking about it all year).

So it happened! And the womenfolk stayed home and got pedicures or something of the sort - and this woman was MORE than happy about the whole situation. My son was ecstatic, husband in heaven, and I got to rearrange the furniture in the house to my liking, with no questioning. (I can't speak for all women on the happiness of being excluded, as Aunt Janet has some serious camping genes.)

When the van came home and we all unloaded the dusty paraphanalia, I wondered why Ilai's suitcase of clothes was still full, with the clothes still folded neatly. When I inquired about the bag I so painstakingly packed with him (one outfit for each day, with extra socks and underwear, two jackets and swim trunks) his reply was "We only wore two shirts and two shorts the whole trip." and then he added, "And nobody wore deoderant and I think I brushed my teeth only once the whole trip." (They left on Wednesday and returned Monday.)

Now I'm not sure if Mario was included in the deoderant/teethbrushing group (and please don't tell me if you were, although I would not lose any respect for you, and I have tons of it) because you never know who will read this, and he is a very respectable person. All I know is that my two boys had a blast, and can't wait till the next one. So Dave and Austen, thank you for including everyone in your special trip.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: